On Wednesday 03 June 2009 13:29:39 Antonio Aloisio wrote:
> > N810. If the slide is closed, no hildon bar appears on tapping
> > QGraphicsTextItems and everything is working as intended. Weird. Does
> > this maybe point to the culprit or does it just emphasize my stone-age
> > debug skills ? :)
>
> What happen if you tap the QGraphicsTextItems when the KB is slided in?

The item gets the select/focus events it should, no HIM bar, everything OK. As
the old saying goes, a video is worth a thousand kilobytes, you can see what
I'm trying to explain on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mwu85RZtgE

> Do you need the HIM or not? You can switch off it for your widget.. btw I

Hm, it's a QGraphicsTextItem. I know I could disable it for the whole GV, but
I also have editable items :S (note - the hildon bar problem is consistent
regardless of the presence of editable items). The example on
http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt4Hildon#Maemo_Qt_API_Reference talks about widgets...
or does that apply to QGraphicsItems in general ?

> really like
> to understand if it's a bug or not.

As the item has only the selectable+focusable flags (=no editable flag), it's
certainly not what I would call expected behavior, especially as it depends
on the slider state :)