On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 08:46 -0400, Ryan Abel wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Marius Vollmer <marius.voll...@nokia.com>
> wrote:
> >    user/sharing    "Sharing plugins"
> >

> This has been discussed before, and my stance on it is: absolutely
> not. Aside from the fact that a sharing plugins category reeks of
> silly Nokia Ovi nonsense, it's also entirely incongruous with the rest
> of the categories. I have to get to work, but hopeful Andrew can
> elaborate more about why it's a bad idea. ;)

I also don't understand why "sharing plugins" is necessary. Simply
"plugins" is a different matter. I'd estimate one third to one half of
the entries in the AM are actually plugins of one sort or the other.
Canola plugins, mediabox plugins, claws-mail plugins, pidgin plugins,
Battle of Wesnoth plugins.

Need I go on?

On a related note, packagers are doing a good job of not putting
libraries in user/whatever (so they do not appear in blue pill mode),
but we still do have some libwhatever packages in the list. It would be
good to make sure the same thing isn't happening in fremantle.

Joseph Charpak
jchar...@worldnet.att.net