On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:14 PM, <kate.alh...@nokia.com> wrote:

> [...]
I am asking for a wrapper that will make it possible to port existing OpenGL
applications (mainly games) to Maemo 5+ without having to do any real
rewriting. I gave an example in my e-mail of an SDL game that uses OpenGL.

If your solutions will allow someone to port a game like Armagetron Advanced
without much effort, then that is what I'm looking for. If this means
rewriting the game / application, then that's not what I'm asking for.

A good way to know if your solution is what I'm looking for is to take the
Debian Lenny source code of Armagetron Advanced (
http://packages.debian.org/source/lenny/armagetronad) and make a Qt /
Imagination wrapper for it, then compile it to run on Fremantle. If this
takes a very long time, then this isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking
for something that would be a drop-in replacement for the OpenGL libraries
for games like Quake2 or SDL games like Armagetron.

You may think, "these aren't important, they're only games," but I would
disagree. And I'm not even a gamer.

--
enthusiast, n. "One whose mind is wholly possessed and heated by what
engages it; one who is influenced by a peculiar fervor of mind; an ardent