I have been having several presentations to maemo community how to use
OpenGL-ES in maemo
You can find them from my blog
http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/kate-alholas-forum-nokia-blog
It is ot so much question of transition libraries but understanding what is
OpenGL-ES and
how it relates to desktop OpenGL

I checked openpandora wiki http://pandorawiki.org/Development_tutorials  . It
looks a like
they are having very similar approach, no silver bullet OpenGL to OpenGL-ES
translation library
but just OpenGL-ES1.1 tutorial and example how to use OpenGL-ES with SDL.
I have had my tutorials about how to use OpenGL-ES2.0 and how to use it with Qt
.

If you read http://pandorawiki.org/OpenGL_ES_1.1_Tutorial  . It tells a lot
what is
the qestion. There is just no single "OpenGL" but desktop OpenGL has many, many
legacy layers of API's . Mobile OpenGL implements only the most efficient
subset of them.
Because there is hundreds of ways to use OpenGL, there is no simple way to
convert.

The Openpandora OpenGL-ES1.1 wiki tries to explain ( as i had in my
presentations/blog and maemo wiki page )
that as example OpenGL has legacy API glBegin/glVertex/gEnd that are obsoleted
in OpenGL-ES
and OpenGL-ES only supports way to pass vertexes as array. Of course passing
them as array is much
more efficient, just one API call with big number of vertexes as opposed one
call for one coordinate point.
That just an example what is the difference.

For game developer it is much more sense port the application to use vertex
arrays because it is
more efficient also in desktop.

When we go to OpenGL-ES2.0 or Desktop OpenGL-2.0, we have thing called
programmable shaders.
OpenGL1.x or OpenGL-ES1.x has fixed function non programmable pipeline doing
transformations and lighting.
In OpenGL-(ES)2.0 it is all programmable and it offers much more features to
make much better
looking games. I strongly recommend to take it in use.

If you still would like use fixed function pipeline to port old not so advanced
games, you can
still use OpenGL-ES1.x emulation libraries in maemo. I hope that we can get
them in to next
SDK release.

Kate