ext Mikko Vartiainen wrote:
>> In practice, no Python app works from the many uploaded to extras-devel.
>
> In SDK both gpodder and mytube can be installed fine.

This is good to know.

> Mediabox cannot be installed because there is no mplayer.

Indeed, I didn't want to add more packages in this Python centric thread.

> None of the apps should pull maemo-python-env as a depency.

No, I was providing maemo-python-env as another example of an item
visible in the Application Manager that can't be installed.

> Are you sure that the installation is in consistent state?

Flashed unit with extras-devel activated straight away.

> Are you trying to install with apt-get? I would do apt-get update and try to
> install with apt-get install. If that doesn't work full apt output would be
> helpful.

Nope, I'm acting as a the pure end user I actually am. This is why I
simply open Application Manager and click on items visible there. If
something doesn't install in extras-devel following these basic steps it
means that it can't even go to extras-testing, leave alone extras.

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate