On Fri, June 5, 2009 13:02, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Mikko Vartiainen<mvartiai...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> just as a side note, perhaps it's related: The units we saw at the
>>> danish weekend only had the extras-devel repo but not the original
>>> nokia repos installed. So everything requiring stuff from other repos
>>> than extras-devel was not installable.
>>
>> This is possible cause. All of the packages in extras-devel assume that
>> SDK repository is available. This is false assumption for the device,
>> but it has to be made because there is no way of knowing what is
>> preinstalled to device or available from possible default repositories.

My understanding is that everything that is in nokia-binaries, should be
on the device firmware by default. The device should not have
nokia-binaries in the repository list?

> That's one point I already asked once through IRC and no one could
> answer: how could we make sure a package in fremantle extras-devel
> will be installable on the device, if we don't know yet which packages are
> SDK only and which will be available on the user's device?

At one point we want to add tests to the autobuilder/repository management
tools to see if all runtime dependencies can be resolved. But this is not
possible without Nokia providing us a list of packages(and dependency
tree) to be used on the customer firmware.

Here you see one of the problems in action which you get when the target
OS is secret :(

--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster