Hi,

Please do :). Especially if there are any Nokia modified open source (GPLed
that requires sources to be published) packages that we do not have sources
available from SDK repository just file bug reports about those.

This initfs has been somewhat problematic as it's components have not been part
of rootfs or kernel for which maemo SDK team ahs provided sources from SDK
repository. Because we have not had official toolchain for initfs development
SDK team has not (if you so say) published all OSS components from it.

This will most probably be fixed with Fremantle as now initfs components are
part of rootfs (e.g. SDK rootstraps) and I think we have sources for all SDK
rootstrap components in SDK repository.

>Quick and hopefully correct summary is that Nokia is
>distributing modified uclibc (EABI patched 0.9.28) so we
>should get at least exact uclibc sources used for building
>initfs. That is indeed enough to satisfy GPL and also to close
>the bug report since we can rebuild gcc with such uclibc and
>make the toolchain ourselves.

Write one bug report for each final platform release about GPLed components
that you think are modified by Nokia but sources are not available from
maemo.org to the maemo bugzilla. If those components are in initfs our platform
teams probably need to release sources in some separate packages because we in
SDK team construct our SDK rootstraps by rebuilding them from scratch and
initfs components are not part of that process in Diablo (but should be in
Fremantle).

>uclibc is IMO really the tricky part, PCMIIAW but 0.9.28 does
>not support EABI out of box, there are several (maybe
>incomplete) patches to add EABI support to 0.9.28 mentioned in
>uclibc mailing list so it is quite hard to decide which
>specific version (if any) went into the binary which is
>distributed with the tablets.

Just add uclibc into that bug report for Diablo platform release. If you find
similar packages from SDK (there really should not be any as I really think we
release all sources for all SDK OSS components) write separate bug report for
Diablo SDK because Diablo plaform in device and Diablo SDK are separate
products.

>The original request is for toolchain binary since my idea was
>that it is easier for both sides (the binary exists inside
>Nokia - name was mentioned is OS2007 hacker edition guide, and
>hopefully there is no reason to keep the sources or binaries
>of gcc closed).

If we have modified some OSS components and deliver binaries as part of our
products (platform and SDK) we release also modified sources for them. Just
write bug reports about them. Still I do not think we will release any new
toolchains for Diablo as toochains are part of SDK product and need to be
tested and documented and ...

Cheers,
//Jarmo