On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Andrew Flegg wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 16:22, Attila Csipa<ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 09 September 2009 17:09:17 Andrew Flegg wrote:
>>> Of course, if maemo-optify were really clever, it'd also handle
>>> patterns like the above and produce "/opt/bob/share/foo", but I'd
>>> consider this an optional enhancement.
>>
>> I wonder if optification could be done on the level of the
>> autobuilder... In that case most developers wouldn't even need to think
>> about it (and/or mess it up :) at all.
>
> There was a strong feeling on #maemo (and one I agree with) that the
> auto-builder shouldn't be changing things in an uploaded package.
>
> Other thoughts included:
>
>   * Use of /opt is perhaps now a QA requirement for Extras
>   * Can we somehow add a /opt check into minimae/maemian? Is it
>     possible, and is it sensible?

Please recall that maemo5 is not the only maemo. Maemo4 is the latest
availble for N800/N810 and maemo2 is the latest officailly available on
770. Many packages can compile from same source for all versions. Don't
add artificial obstacles to force developers to make their packages
incompatible with older versions.

--
Matan.