On Wednesday 09 September 2009 16:29:21 Andrew Flegg wrote:
> There was a strong feeling on #maemo (and one I agree with) that the
> auto-builder shouldn't be changing things in an uploaded package.

But MUD might, for those of us who use it!

> Other thoughts included:
>
>    * Use of /opt is perhaps now a QA requirement for Extras
>    * Can we somehow add a /opt check into minimae/maemian? Is it
>      possible, and is it sensible?

Hmm.  Are there some objective criteria for what should go in opt?  I had
interpreted the original mail as really only suggesting data or particularly
large binaries should move into opt, not everything.

Can anyone suggest good tools for determining how much space my packages will
be taking up, particularly by directory (e.g. I would like to see how much
space they take up in /usr/bin, /usr/lib, etc.)?

Graham