:)

this has been a good informative discussion.
since we are working on beta, can i suggest something.

anidels point about app feedback *from the device itself* is important.

if me as a user selects extras testing and installs a an app because anidel
said his new version  is there
from that moment on, it should be the device itself that monitors the
process.

in the same way the crash reporter pops up and asks a question after a
crash, can we discuss a path to similar for testing apps?
perhaps if the app itself in testing had a flag added to its desktop file
(or some other way, a list perhaps *hand waving*)
and when the user has run the app they are testing, or 1/2/12/24 hours after
installing the user was directly asked

"what are your feelings on this app?"

it would give control directly to the testers and remove the disconnect that
currently occurs - I for one have major problems maintaining a big long list
of places and sites and things I should look for and the packages list
overwhelms me with multiple versions and complex filenames which mean
nothing to me as a user.
the app is installed on my tablet, it is a computer, it knows the version,
it knows the url path - i can give valuable feedback there and then.

i dont know how practical or complex an app of this nature would be, but we
have enough toolkits and developers around who might help code something up.
it should even go through extras-testing itself!

gary