Hi,

Nathan Anderson wrote:
> What physical hardware buttons do exist?  Maybe we can tie onto one
> of those to exit out of full screen mode in apps.    Anybody know the
> keyboard constants are to these hardware buttons -- we should put them in a
> wiki article -- this is something that I could think that several programs
> would need.  Games that are running full screen, Remote Desktop, a picture
> viewer.

The available HW buttons are: +/- keys, Power key, Take-a-photo key and
the lock key. Then there´s of course the keyboard with even more keys ;)

They key constants for the +/- keys are the same as on Diablo. But
before you can use them you first have to unmap the default action,
which is sound volume up/down.

I think the camera button works differently, don´t know how, but the
load applet is using it for taking a screenshot.

Anyways, I don´t think any of the hardware buttons is well suited to
toggle fullscreen mode. Instead I would go with a keyboard shortcut
and/or the transparent overlay button that the browser is using.

I don´t think there is already a widely used keyboard shortcut. Some
wiki document suggests Ctrl+f but this is often used to open the find
bar. If we could standardize/recommend something for all community apps
it would be nice. Suggestions welcome :)

About the transparent overlay button: There is some code available
here[1] which was probably ripped out of the browser code. Unfortunately
they also removed the transparency and the fade in/out effects[2]. I
think it shouldn't be to difficult to add these again, though. I really
would like to do this, but I don´t think my time will permit it anytime
soon. Maybe someone else wants to give it a try?

Cheers!
Conny

[1] https://garage.maemo.org/svn/maemoexamples/trunk/maemopad/src/
[2] It´s still usable without those effects, just doesn´t look that nice.