pHilipp Zabel wrote:
>> I think the camera button works differently, don´t know how, but the
>> load applet is using it for taking a screenshot.
>
> This is interesting. I wonder if it would be a good idea to repurpose
> this button to scan a barcode from some applications (say, shopping
> list or media catalog).

I think if you have an application which makes use of the camera, this
is exactly the button you want to use. Only thing I´m not sure about is
whether or not it is possible to deactivate the launching of the camera
app which happens if you push the button.

The button has to states. First, you press it a bit only, this activates
the autofocus if your´re in the camera app. Otherwise it just sends a
dbus message. Then you can press it down completely which takes a
picture if your´re inside the camera app or opens the camera app if it´s
not open yet.

Cheers!
Conny