Till,

I totally agree, it is not part of the testing regime itself and as long as
an app is technically capable it passes the test.
the checklist has been defined here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_Checklist

Maemo 5 offers stock icons covering most regular use cases, but developers
> can use the icons they prefer as long as they respect copyrights. Broken
> icons can be a major bug stopping a release to Extras *but discussions
> about beauty/ugliness of a UI are out of scope in the QA process*.

I hope the testing interface can be adjusted to explain the purpose because
I see a lot of ui/feature creep suggestion in the comments.

Whilst the specific apps may not look/feel/perform exactly as we would like
it is wrong to block access because of this.

Use outside methods, discuss patches and changes with the developer for
future versions but we need to work together to get as many stable apps into
extras as possible.

(Incidentally, in the specific example you cite, I think its a typo for the
version)

Gary