I am quite unhappy with the testing, too.

My package vncviewer has a blocking issue (Bugtracker field), which
should be marked on the package page!

http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/vncviewer/0.6.3-fremantle2

Not every developer is following the dev-list all the time. To me it is
not transparent, how to get into extras now. If I get ten thumb ups,
because no tester checked bugtracker it gets in?

Now I prepared a changed debian/control file, but if I upload to testing
I loose my 9 thumb ups. It is quite complicated for a developer to test
this application, as he needs a vnc server to access. Probably this is
the reason, why it takes a lot of time.

On the other hand it is totally to transparent, what is tested.

An other problem are security issues: How do you think a tester could
find a security issue in such an application? It is totaly impossible,
if you do not have access to a prepared vnc server. Should we assume the
vnc server to be prepared? Should we warn a user that prepared vnc
servers are not tested, so only use thrusted ones, or ...

I have the feeling, that the process is quite slow, without being much
better than having less testers.

OK, enough for now:-)