On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Dave Neary <dne...@maemo.org> wrote:

> 2. Developers working with the old SDK upload applications which don't
> even build with the new SDK

That's their own screwup, I guess (which they notice immediately when
trying to upload).

The group most impacted are the Qt users, which are quite likely to be
eagerly waiting for 4.6.2 anyway (so it won't come as a surprise).

> The only way to avoid badness when upgrading the SDK in a
> not-backwards-compatible way is to have scratchbox, every developer copy
> of the SDK, and the N900 firmware all upgrade at the same time. I

Undoubtedly there will be certain degree of badness. Niels' current
suggestion at least avoids the badness on user end.

Barring regressions, we can probably expect everybody to upgrade to
1.2 in timely manner.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio