Hi,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:
> The complications stem from the way this is handled in Maemo, at least for Qt.
> I just hope this slightly complex PR1.2 Qt transition is not a snowball
> effect of how some Maemoisms were added (hacked :) ) into Qt4.5/4.6 and even
> more that this is not a sign of how these things will be handled in the
> future. Backwards compatibility was something Qt4 was very well known for,
> and desktop environments often bump their Qt versions for backports (hell,
> even LTS versions of Ubuntu did that), without requiring
> repository/application hoop-jumping.
Qt packaging now is managed by Qt team and this will be first official
Qt-supported version of Qt to Maemo platform.
So many two-letter acronyms in one sentence...

Anyway, this is a bit different from desktop case as package
maintainers are changed for Qt delivery (from community volunteers to
Nokia Trolls) and apparently the way to package is changed as well. I
have not compared it with the Debian or other distributions' builds
though.

Whatever is included in Qt build for Maemo is maintained by Trolltech
team. This should leave questions regarding the compatibility
answered, I hope. And actual source code is in qt.gitorious.org.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy