Hallo!

> The mass-downthumbing people might see is just a temporary (?) solution
>
> optimize testing resources. The idea is that it should be immediately
> visible
> that this package is NOT going to be promoted, so testers should not
vaste

From the developer view thumbs down without a explanation are a "no-go".
With such (unavailability) of information I cannot be sure if the tester
found a new bug, which he did not state, or just found an existing bug (or
is just collecting karma). Because of that I can never be sure, that my
package goes through testing even after fixing all mentioned bugs. Please
at least write a one sentence exmplanation for a thumb down that just give
they keywords for already found bugs "e.g. something like, Thumbs down
because of Bugtracker URL, About Dialog, spelling mistake as stated"). This
should not slow down testing very much but avoid the developer feeling like
he has just been hit by the spanish inquisition ;-)

I would also be happy that while an application already has a thumb down
that further people test it to find more bugs (until there is a real
blocker like not beeing able to install the application). A sequence of
found one bug - fixed one bug - found one bug - fixed one bug.... is very
anoying (ith this limited testing resources (which should better be named
"the people nobody knows of that do excellent work" :-)).

> On a side note I would make screenshots (where applicable) also mandatory
> for
> promotion to -testing, on the same grounds as a bugtracker, but the
> ideas/message counter is in the red zone already, so I'm going to stop
> here... :)

As far as I now screenshot are part of the download page and just can only
added after a download page has been created. A download page is created
*after* promoting the application from extras-testing to extras. This is
IMHO a bug in the process (if there is not another way I don't know about).

--
Gruß...
    Tim