> remove it if they don't like it.  It is not about the quality
> of the app itself: its usability, its GUI, how well it works,
> whether it is useful, whether it has screen shots, etc --
> that is what crowd-sourced rating systems are about (the
> stars, the reviews, the comments).  Any app without a
> screenshot is not going to get good comments or make its way
> to the front page of the Downloads section.  Poor apps will
> drop to the bottom -- but being at the bottom does NOT mean
> they should be excluded.

I think this is a fundamental misunderstanding for (some) users who at least
sometimes give a thumbs down because some feature hasn't been
implemented/doesn't work very well/etc/etc.

But then should the promotion process also take into account whether the app
is unfinished/has spelling mistakes/etc. These are all bad things and
perhaps an app shouldn't be promoted if these are present, but they are
vastly less important than if an app is badly behaved and could crash your
device/steal your wife/etc.

Cheers,

Simon