> Hello all,
Hi,

> As part of the plan to fix the PR1.2 SDK dependency issues in the
> autobuilder [1], we plan to upgrade the Debian devkit in the Fremantle
> autobuilder to the Squeeze version [2] (from the current etch one), and
> start using "improved shlibdeps" [3] (a.k.a. .symbols files) to version
> dependencies on a much more granular basis (minimal required version of
> libraries will be calculated per symbol instead of per library). We plan
> to ship .symbols files for most of the SDK libraries [4].
>
> This means that packages built in the PR1.2 SDK using no PR1.2-introduced
>  functions will work on a PR1.1 device and even on a 1.0 device.

As part of this task we need to decide with the 'broken' or affected
packages which have been built on the PR1.2 SDK and have gotten PR1.2
dependencies.

We can automatically import all rebuilt packages into extras-devel or we
can decide to let developers re-submit their packages after the builder
has been switched to the new setup.

Thoughts?

--
Niels Breet