This whole thing has been horrible from the start. I was happily
coding, learning to use Qt in a mobile environment, and then the
autobuilder got switched to a version NO ONE has on their phone. I can
build my app locally and it will run great on my n900, but as soon as
I download it from extras-devel, it seg faults. So I thought I would
wait until PR 1.2 was released, which was supposed to be '2 weeks' ...
now it's not coming until November ?!?!

It's obviously not working right (there are several apps that I use
that are un-updatable or now crash), is causing a lot of bad press,
frustrating developers, and making users confused and angry.

Please put up a wiki page detailing EXACTLY what needs to be done for
a package to work properly using the new autobuilder, if that is even
possible. Otherwise -- please, please please just put it back the way
it was. Just make it work.

I'll wait a little longer for this to get resolved, but if it takes
too long I just might ebay my n900 and go Android.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes it feels good to get things off your chest !

Cheers,

- ianaré sévi