On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:27 AM, daniel wilms <daniel.wi...@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22/08/10 21:55, ext archebyte . wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having trouble configuring USB Networking on Windows 7 via
>> PC-Connectivity. The instructions in the garage documentation are for
>> XP only.
>>
>> I installed the pc-connectivity package on Windows but the N900 is not
>> identified as a network interface after being connected. I get the
>> error 'Network adapter not found. Please, connect you device to USB
>> port.' after running Usbnetworking.exe.
>>
>> The N900 is in PC Suite Mode and the usb0 interface is up.
>>
>> Is the pc-connectivity package required to be installed on the N900?
>>
>> Can Windows 7 be made to recognize the N900's network adapter manually?
>>
>> Ovi Suite works fine in PC Suite Mode and so does Mass Storage Mode.
>>

> here [1] is a detailed description how to set up the device and your Windows
> PC with PC-connectivity for USB-networking. If you experience any problems,
> please let me know.
>
> 1.
> http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/QtCreator_integration_for_windows#Device_configuration
>

> Daniel

Hi again,

I can't seem to access the internet from the USB connection. With
Internet Connection Sharing 'ON' on Windows 7, I had to reset the
network settings on the N900
iface win7 inet static
    address 192.168.137.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.137.1

after ifup usb0=win7, I can ping www.google.com from the N900, but the
browser is unable to connect. I followed the instructions here [1] and
setup a dummy network which I selected when prompted by the browser.

The route is set up like this:
Nokia-N900:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.137.0   *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 usb0
default         192.168.137.1   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 usb0

Any help would be appreciated.

[1]
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_USB_Networking#Using_USB_networking_for_Maemo_applications

Mustali