On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 13:19 +0100, ext Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le mardi 09 janvier 2007 à 13:50 +0200, Igor Stoppa a écrit :

> Guys, I have no idea how you are able to get 7 to 9 days with a N770 :
> mine is only able to last about 4 days maximum (and it has always been
> like that), only boot up and with cover on it, doing nothing. I only
> have terminal (not opened) and canola (not running).

rotfl

that's exactly what i meant:

"oh, i have only this little harmless innocent application"

Either

-A
the apps you have installed are buggy and generate activity
and i mean any type of activity, 1% CPU load is still too much:
if the app is idle, it must have 0% CPU activity

or

-B
the apps are doing thir job, which doesn't come for free and therefore
the runtime time is reduced

When I say 9 days, it is with stock image and no app running, that's how
the idle time has to be measured.

Otherwise we speak in terms of usetime and that can vary from several
days to few hours, depending on the system load, peripherals used and
bugs in the sw stack.

We spend lot of time squashing power consumption bugs, but unfortunately
at the moment it's not possible to go also after 3rd party sw.

However we have published our internal coding guidelines, which cover
also power management.

When an application is ported to maemo, attention should be payed to
bugs which are not functional but affect use time.

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Nokia M - OSSO /Helsinki Finland)