All,

   So far a large part of my problems are sitting around apps that
aren't yet ported to 2008.  unzip, radio, mplayer, nmap, omweather
are a few that are  in the repository but don't install.  For now
there are some things I don't understand.  I'm not trying to step on
toes.  I just don't understand.

1.  Why did Nokia decide to change the industry defacto standard term
plugin and change it to component?  tools > components shows you the
browser plugins.

2.  Why oh Why did someone take something as useful as xterm and
improve to the point of being almost unusable?  I can't file bugs, as
it is apparently doing what it is supposed to.   However, what it
does really drives me nuts.  Maybe it's just me.

 Why did they remove the useful tabs and replace it with multiple
windows?   Given that there is no WM in the traditional sense you
can't resize and move between them easily.  Tabs afforded the ability
to quickly manage multiple term windows (my record on the IT is 10
tabs.) Windows bring this to a grinding halt.

Why did they move the "button" bar to the bottom.  Down there is
steals valuable screen real-estate from you.

Why is it that they split the adjust background color and font color
into two different locations in the settings gui?

Why did they increase the steps to use the ctrl key in the button bar?
Before to do cntrl-c it was 2 clicks one on cntrl one on c ... now
it's 5.  cntrl - text box - c - ok - screen  during this time the
keyboard closes 2 or 3 times.  This can make vi a real PITA too.

Perhaps I'm just using the IT differently from most, I don't view it
as sterility a muti-media toy.  To me it's my #1 tool for doing my
job, so perhaps I'm a bit sensitive.  Sorry if I sound ranty I don't
mean to be but I am wondering why so may drastic changes were made to
a really good app.

James