On Nov 29, 2007 1:37 PM, Jesper Cheetah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Martin Grimme wrote:
> > I'm still wondering why Nokia now includes an X Terminal by default. Or
> is
> > it just there in the beta releases?
>
> Maybe they listened to the crowd and figured it was best this way? Which
> I totally agree on. A Linux computer without some sort of terminal
> access makes me feel crippled. Thanks Nokia :)

Dunno, depends on the primary audience of the Nokia n** series really.  I
just got my n800 and watched the advertisement video to demo video
playback.  The person in the video didn't seem like a techy, I doubt hed
ever use the console feature.

Don't get me wrong, I am a long time nix user and software engineer, however
I can see why they might not drop a console tool on the n800.  Thing about
the n800 is that if you didn't recognize the UI elements, it wouldn't seem
linuxish because I imagine people may associate linux with hard and the n800
is very well integrated though has some snags here and there(hopefully
os2008 addresses some of those).

I showed the n800 to a friend and his first reaction was "damn that looks
expensive."  Unsure what that has to add to my point really, however, if the
target audience for the n800 is developers, developers, developers(or high
tech peeps) then cool, the console makes sense.  If its not then I think the
demission of it is a totally fine choice coupled with the fact that its
pretty easy to add.

> --
> Jesper Cheetah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-jon