James Knott wrote:
> As an example, I can export my address book in LDIF format, from
> Seamonkey, Thunderbird etc.  However, for some reason the N800 email app
> gets the fields mixed up when importing the data.  How could that
> happen, if whoever wrote the email app was paying attention to specs?

  IMHO, TB & SM are fine apps for single user systems.  I used TB on my
laptop and desktops for email and RSS for quite a number of years.  Like
you, I've also had a lot of hassles keeping my TBs contacts and
calendars synced between my laptop, office desktop, tablet and home
desktop power computer (used for media apps).   I've attempted to
install some TB extensions that supposedly syncs TB contacts, but that
seems a work in progress at best, at least when compared to Foxmarks
syncing browser data on Firebox.  Ditto for TB Calendar syncing
progress.   It would be nice to have them sync with gmail calendar...

  In my limited attempts to sync data, TB seems to mangle exports into
gmail just as much as it does my tablet.  I haven't tried gmail exports
of contacts, but that's probably because I've haven't successfully got
my extensive TB contacts properly imported into gmail.  My time sorting
this stuff out is limited.  I've just got too much other stuff to do.
At this point, it seems most of the syncing problem may be TB (or SM)
exports.  These issues all seems to not be a problem on Gmail, except
there currently doesn't seem to be readily available syncing of Gmail
and calendars with any offline apps, although it's possible I just
haven't spent the time finding out what's available.  My guess is if
it's not available, compatible syncing offline apps for gmail and gdocs
is likely to happen soon enough.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
[EMAIL PROTECTED]