Am Montag, 28. November 2011, 12:09:27 schrieb Kamil Rytarowski: > On 28.11.2011 11:32, Guillaume Rousse wrote: > > Le 28/11/2011 11:28, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit : > >> There were a few requests for TeamViewer in my local Mageia site - I > >> suggest to add it to our repositories (probably as tainted and as a > >> downloading script). > > > > They are better ways to contribute to the distribution than helping > > 'poor little users' to install crappy proprietary software. Such as > > writing documentation about dependency management, for instance. > > I wouldn't like to follow the OpenBSD way... There is software like > TrueCrypt, Skype, TeamViewer that many users need. And there is no harm > to add it to repositories.
Let's not make a rule out of this. Each and every one of those proprietary tools has to be looked at on its own. E.g. some years ago there was quite a discussion about TrueCrypt and its license which led to the exclusion of truecrypt from almost all major distros. If that license issue isn't solved, I wouldn't change a jota of that decision. Oliver
