Olav Vitters a écrit :
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:43:30AM +0000, Donald Stewart wrote:
But, as said earlier, this isn't really something that we can do
sustainable so......
Could do it on a best effort basis in a special meta package. I'd be
annoyed to complicate existing spec files with compatibility cruft, but
task-proprietary-compat-* subpackages seems fine to me.

Might not work in all cases, in which case: too bad!

Thinking of e.g.:
Provides: $FEDORA_THING
Requires: $OUR_THING

I've been thinking of something like for the RPM categories.
It wouldn't have to be focused on Redhat/Fedora only, as Suse seems to differ as well. Maybe something that could massage the installable rpm files, so any user could adjust whatever rpm, even without the srpm.

--
André