Le 08/02/2013 14:07, Anne Nicolas a écrit :
Le 08/02/2013 13:14, Olav Vitters a écrit :
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 10:31:42AM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
  Q) Will we make persistent disk-based journals optional?
    Yes: Makes it harder to ask a consistent question to extract debug.
    No: Some people will moan.

It is either persistent logging or logging in memory right? I assume
people won't understand that it'll log anyways, just in memory. So no
point in giving an option that does not do what people might expect.

Just one point about this. It was said during meeting that having
journalctl by default could break some other software like fail2ban.
This should be checked.
That's just a dependency issue between those packages, not a default installation issue.

--
BOFH excuse #410:

Electrical conduits in machine room are melting.