On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... so therefore what's the actual use in upgrading yet. I also
> figured we'd spend some time consolidating our own approach to Hadoop
> -- I've refactored my 3 jobs into one approach -- making the eventual
> transition simpler.

Which jobs specifically? It would be great to use these for reference.

> No harm in having new-API code alongside the old-API code, but I still
> suggest we should stick on the old APIs.

Ok, this makes sense to me. I think running on Amazon EMR is a good
goal, not to mention I'm sure there are people out there with
installations running on pre 0.20 hadoop too. As much as I hate to to
see the deprecation warnings all of the time your reasoning behind
sticking with the old apis sounds solid.

Drew