On Thu deneche abdelhakim <adene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> although I maintain two versions of Decision Forests, one with the old
> api and with the new one, the differences between the two APIs are so
> important that I can't just keep working on the two versions. Thus all
> the new stuff is being committed using the new API and as far as I can
> say it seems to work great.

If I understand you correctly, there is code in Mahout that still works
with the old API but also bits and pieces that depend on the new API.

Do we have some documentation we can include in the release that tells
users for which algorithms/ implementations they need to make sure they
are running a Hadoop version that provides the new API?

Isabel