So I'm strongly in favor of getting to decide our own destiny, so in
that sense I'm very much a +1 for this.  Ditto for the option to
create sub-projects.  Then there's the simple fact that we are not
in any real way a project that *belongs* as part of "Lucene" in the
long run.

What makes me ambivalent is: how many really active
developers do we have to support the administrative tasks around
running a TLP?   We certainly have momentum in terms of interest
and codebase.  But should a project only at the 0.2 stage (soon to
be 0.3) be a TLP?

I'm just wondering if we're just giving ourselves more work. From a
practical standpoint, does this make our lives easier, or harder, to
do this now as opposed to later?  Clearly it must be done at some
point, but doing it now has what effect, really?

  -jake