As a lurker around in this community and an active user myself, expressing mine for whatever it is worth.

I am happy with the decoupling of ML from Search, with the former warranting a separate attention to itself. So, +1 on this happening eventually to be more independent, but my reservation has to do with the timing of it and specifically the versioning of it, and how close would a 1.0 release be feasible once this becomes a TLP.