Hi,
I was evaluating the Dependencies of mailman3 in Ubuntu and I was
wondering if I could cut them down a bit. One thing that got my
attention is the dependency from mailman3-web [1] to nodejs for less
[2] and ruby-sass [3].

I was wondering if we could by default not install node-less/ruby-sass
and what exactly that would imply.
I have seen they are used for python3-django-compressor integration,
but not a lot of actual LESS or SASS snippets in any related package.
So I was wondering if that could be optional. Unfortunately I lack the
expertise in that area, so I wanted to ask the mailman3 developer and
user community:
- could mailman3 work fine without those packages (making them a
suggest instead of a depends)
- what features would be lost exactly to a user and/or admin of mailman3?
- I guess we would have to modify the default config at [4]or [5] then
- any hints?

I'd be very pleased if you could help me to check the doability and
the impact of that dependency change.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

P.S. Sorry - had to resend after full subscription (not only defining
user at mail.python.org) to avoid the auto-reject

[1]:
https://salsa.debian.org/mailman-team/mailman-suite/blob/master/debian/control#L14
[2]: