Hi Christian,

Christian Ehrhardt:
> I was evaluating the Dependencies of mailman3 in Ubuntu and I was
> wondering if I could cut them down a bit. One thing that got my
> attention is the dependency from mailman3-web [1] to nodejs for less
> [2] and ruby-sass [3].
>
> I was wondering if we could by default not install node-less/ruby-sass
> and what exactly that would imply.

Thanks a lot for raising this issue. As part of the mailman3 maintainer
team in Debian I would be very interested in answers to your questions
as well. Would be awesome if we could get rid of the nodejs dependency
for mailman3-web.

I haven't looked into the details yet, but maybe the assets could be
compiled at build-time and shipped within the binary package?

Cheers
 jonas