On 6/19/19 1:56 AM, Aaryan Bhagat wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, all the relevant list attributes are already
>> defined in mailman/model/mailinglist.py. As noted there, they should
>> probably be added to mailman/interfaces/mailinglist.py.
> Yes, and I have done that (WIP actually) in the latest
> [pr](https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/528).
>
>> I'm not sure about creating the attributes like bounce score in the
>> member model. Granted this has the advantage of there already being
>> separate, per list member records, but my concern is that it's an
>> address that is bouncing, not a member so it may be more appropriate to
>> keep bounce info with the address rather than the member.
> Ok, so from what I get I will explain by taking an `example` address
> subscribed to 2 mailing list.
> - Create a bounce_score attribute in the address model.
> - Bounces generate from both the lists will add up the bounce_score attribute.
> - If `bounce_score >= bounce_score_threshold of list1` disable membership of
> list 1.
> - If `bounce_score>=bounce_score_threshold of list2` disable membership of
> list2.
>
> Is the above inference correct?
> Or, am I missing something inc context here?

The example I gave earlier would give that rule a problem, to describe
again:

List1: Gets 1 message a month, Reset time of 45 day without a bounce,
Trigger threshold = 2 bounces

List2: Gets many messages a day, Reset time of 1 day without a bounce.
Trigger threshold = 4 bounces to handle occational bounces due to spam
false alarms.

First question: different attribute of the bounce reset period, which is
used to reset the bounce score?

A user subscribes to both lists, because of lists 2 occasional spam
false alarms, which required the elevated threshold (or even just
wanting to give a few days to clear a mailbox full error) the user gets
unsubscribed from list1 to rapidly. If list1 raises its threshold to
handle that, a subscribe to just list 1 will stay subscribed to the list
too long after bouncing.

--
Richard Damon