On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, at 9:28 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 6/19/19 9:11 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
> >
> > Storing list of tuples in database might be inefficient for reads. I don't
> > think
> > there is an accurate column type one could use for this purpose unless
> > we convert them to string back and forth.
>

> If we use PickleType, SQLAlchemy does the (un)pickling for us.

I will read more on PickeType, but I feel like it might not be a great idea to
store
binary blobs in database. Querying them might get too expensive as SQLAlcmey
might have to load all rows in memory, de-serialize them and then do
the comparison. But that's my guess, I'll read up.

> > I suggested going with Member because it  comes close to
> > what we require, although memberships can include Users along with
> > addresses which may not be great.
> >
> > It looks like now there is a need for a BounceInfo model then which could
> > be used to store the information instead of a list of tuples. It could
> > keep the following attributes:
> >
> >   - Address (relationship -> Address)
> >   - MailingList (relationship -> MailingList)
> >   - last_bounce (datetime)
> >   - last_notice (datetime)
> >   - remaining_notices (int)
> >   - total_notices_sent (int)
> >
> > I am not sure if the bounce score of an address is calculated per-address
> > or is global regardless of a MailingList in Mailman 2.
> >
> > If it is global, then the score could be stored in Address table, otherwise
> > BounceInfo table.
>

> My idea is scores should be local, i.e. per list. In MM 2.1 there is no
> such thing as global bounce information/score. Everything is per list
> and there is no connection between a member of one list and a member of
> another even if the addresses are the same.

That makes sense, thanks for explanation!

--
  thanks,
  Abhilash Raj (maxking)