At 11:42 PM -0500 on 11/20/09, Terri Oda wrote:

Bill Catambay wrote:
Here's a couple of questions while I sit idly by as posts to the mailing list build up in my inbox:

1. Anyone know the missing ingredient (in tech terms) that might clue in the "night watchman" on what needs to be done to make foo-list-mod work?

This might not be helpful, depending on the mail server, but has someone run "newaliases" to make sure those aliases in the file have actually been made active?

(This isn't a necessary step for all mail servers, but it seems likely given your bounce message. Goodness knows I forgot to do it a few times back when I was using sendmail on my list server.)

The night tech guy confirmed that they are active (although I don't know how he confirmed it). Given that there were two alias changes, and since I *know* that the first alias did take effect (i.e., the foo-list email now comes to me instead of posting to the list), I'd assume that the 2nd alias took effect. Also, they're both in a file (along with other mailing list related aliases), and I believe they processed that file of aliases (rather than doing each alias manually).

At this point, I wish the aliases did not take effect, because then I'd at least still be able to get posts to the mailing list.

Bill