On 2020-09-17 12:07, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> If Mailman 2.1 meets their needs now, why won't it continue to do so as
> it is? (Aside: I still sometimes use Adobe Reader 9 for Linux on my
> desktop even though it has been unsupported and unavailable from Adobe
> for years.)

Weighing in on this question alone, Mailman 2 does everything that I
actually need a mail list manager to do for me, and everything I
anticipate needing it to do in the future.

... Except for the part where it requires me to keep Python 2 installed
beyond its second, extended, we absolutely mean it this time, no more
extensions, declared EOL.

It's not that I need anything Mailman 2 doesn't do.  (Except run on
Python 3.)  It's that I need Python 2 to be gone, dead and buried with a
fork stuck in it.  I'm just waiting for Gentoo's Mailman 3 ebuild to be
flagged stable.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications