I'm probably going to regret getting involved in this conversation, but ...

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 at 08:48, Stephen J. Turnbull <
turnbull.stephen...@u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that at least for now I[1] can configure a system to
> run Mailman 2 so that none of the above matters (eg, have the web
> server and MTA speak TLS so that Mailman doesn't have to), but I'm not
> confident that will last for very long.

I'm pretty sure that's pure FUD.  I'm not the expert on mailman that most
of you are, but I can think of no reason for mailman itself to ever speak
HTTP or SMTP, and therefore no reason for it to need to do TLS.  I'd be
very surprised at anyone running a mailman setup where there wasn't a web
server and an MTA sitting between mailman and the rest of the Internet.  Am
I wrong about that?

Does mailman even include its own web server?  I didn't think it did.