At Sat, 29 May 2021 18:20:20 -0700 Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 5/29/21 5:52 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> > I run a *small* Mailman 2.x server on a VPS running CentOS 7, with Postfix.
> > have one E-Mail list with just under 500 members, about 60 of which have
> > @yahoo.com addresses and another 15-20 with @aol.com addresses. For the past
> > couple of weeks, Yahoo's servers have been "deferring" mail from my servers.
> > It is not clear why. I have all of the DMARC, DKIM, and SPF stuff setup in
> > Mailman (From: munging) and Postfix (DKIM signing, SPF records, etc.). I did
> > some statistical analysis of Postfix's logs for just today. Sending mail to
> > *every other* E-mail service is averaging a delay of under 3 seconds.
> > Sending
> > to Yahoo's servers is averaging a delay of just under 50000 seconds!
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing this sort of problem?
>

> Yahoo is throttling mail from your server. I see this sometimes as well.
> The 4xx status returns to your MTA should have more detail as to why.
> Have you looked at these in your MTA logs. The only ones I see recently
> from yahoo are like
>
> ... dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[98.136.96.75]
> said: 450 User is receiving mail too quickly tnmpmscs (in reply to RCPT
> TO command))
>
> but I think I've seen other reasons in the past.

I'm getting this message:

421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 108.161.142.143 temporarily deferred due to
unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see
https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services