On 5/29/21 6:34 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
At Sat, 29 May 2021 18:20:20 -0700 Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:

On 5/29/21 5:52 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
I run a *small* Mailman 2.x server on a VPS running CentOS 7, with Postfix. I
have one E-Mail list with just under 500 members, about 60 of which have
@yahoo.com addresses and another 15-20 with @aol.com addresses.>
I'm getting this message:

421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 108.161.142.143 temporarily deferred due to
unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see
https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)

So they apparently don't like the fact that you are sending a message to 75+ recipients at the same time.

If you aren't already doing this, I suggest setting VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1 in mm_cfg.py, or if you don't want that, set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 5.

The former will send one message per recipient with a VERPed envelope sender for better bounce recognition. The latter will send no more than 5 recipients per message. If the issue is lots of recipients to one message, these will help