FWIW, I have 102 yahoo subscribers (86 are yahoo.com, others are around the
world), and I do not recall seeing ANY yahoo delays at all in the last few
weeks. I do get delays from hotmail (64 subscribers), and from places in
China and Finland. One address at a Chinese university takes a day to
clear, every time, but it is the only address at this particular
university. Other delays usually clear within an hour or two.

It is hard to compare details since I use sendmail, and I see the delays in
the mail queue (which I see by saying "mailq", as root).

Sendmail seems to try to re-send the mail every hour, after two shorter
attempts.

I do set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 5, but I think you did that too.

In sum, I'm not sure that this is something that yahoo does as a matter of
policy.

You might check to see if you are on any block lists:
https://check.spamhaus.org/
https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Ignore UCEPROTECT3. Apparently nobody pays any attention to this seriously
ugly list. Lots of sites use SPAMHAUS (almost as bad as UCEPROTECT3) for
preliminary screening.

Jon

Home page: https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
Editor: Judgment and Decision Making (http://journal.sjdm.org)