On 10/17/22 9:20 PM, Mark Dale via Mailman-Users wrote:
Thanks for that pointer.

You're welcome.

At the moment the Postfix smtpd_timeout = 60s. I think the original default is 300s.

I don't see any problem with having the higher value. Most connections will complete well within that amount of time. 20% of that time in fact. The few that don't will not adversely effect your server.

The restart (as per Mark S.'s advice) has got the mail back to one copy. If it goes off the rails again I'll experiment with that timeout.

ACK

That was my bad. I had a cert error and thinking the message hadn't been sent, I resent it.
*</:-(
(that's my dunce hat)

Things happen.

There is one timeout error (unrelated I think) that gets repeated every hour approx. for just one recipient.

So you know what the error would look like and you have the absence of it as the source of the problem you were asking about.

That seems like a good thing to me.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die