Thank you Mark and Dmitri,

On 6/24/24 13:08, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 6/24/24 12:13, Jim Dory wrote:
I just had my hosting company move our mailing list to an updated server. Now I'm suddenly getting a lot of bounces of the sort:

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied

This one could be because the recipient server doesn't like the new server IP.

We kept the same IP address, but the hostname of the domain did change. I just moved to a different server in the same hosting company.

and
552-5.2.2 The recipient's inbox is out of storage space and inactive.
and
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
etc.

These look like legitimate bounces, although if they weren't bouncing before the move, it's unclear why they'd be bouncing now.

This all has me baffled - because it wasn't happening before and started on first post to the mailing list directly after the move. But it is what it is.. I'll deal with it.

Before I start removing those user's email accounts.. what might I be missing? Perhaps something in the new server is triggering the "550 5.4.1 recipient address rejected" (a local company's employees mostly)

If these are all from one recipient server, it would be worth contacting that server's admin to see if they will whitelist you. Also, setting

VERP_PROBES = Yes

in mm_cfg.py may keep these members from having delivery disabled and being
removed if the probes don't bounce.

I just set this, so thanks for that.

I'm contacting the organizations to see about having them whitelist. I suppose that is all I can do at this point. There's also a couple rejections from att.net and bellsouth.net (ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net), but I'll contact those accounts as well.

regards, jim