On 2015-02-17 08:02, Shoshanna Green wrote:

When I first started using email (pine on unix systems), I
don't think "Sent Messages" were even a thing, and then they were a
thing but they filed my outgoing mail apart from my incoming mail,
which makes no sense to me.

I'm glad to know I'm not as rare a case as I sometimes assume. The difference is that I don't bcc myself, since it creates a double message (one in the Sent folder and one in the Inbox) that offends my sense of economy. I set things to file themselves in the most logical place when I can, and manually delete or file items in the Sent folder periodically, which sounds like a huge effort only when you're not used to it.

But if I could design my own email system, there would be no Sent folder at all.