Hi all,

I actually had a fantastically helpful conversation on this mailing list that led to the following smart folder, "Threaded Inbox", which always has threading turned on:

Any of:

        All of:
                Thread-id is in Inbox Thread-id
                Source > Path is Inbox/Sent Messages
                Message-id is not in Mailing Lists Message-Id

        All of:
                Thread-id is in Inbox Thread-id
                Source > Path is not Inbox/Sent Messages

This has the effect of including whole conversations in my inbox so that my replies are included in threads (by sourcing from Sent Mail) and filtering out duplicates from mailing lists (by using the message-ids in the Mailing Lists smart folder), without BCCing myself or anything.

Admittedly is is heavily reliant on MailMate's intelligence. But, I figure, stuff like this is exactly why I got the program.

best,

-- Marco