On 23 Feb 2016, at 17:10, Shoshanna Green wrote:

Keeping the list in the BCC line of a dummy draft email message didn't work, because the BCC addresses were lost every time the draft was saved. (Or maybe when MailMate was restarted. It's been a while.)

This sounds like a bug. Let me know if it's reproducible.

"(from ~[c] 'problematic.addr...@example.com' and #recipient.address !=[c] $'imap://problematic.addr...@imap.example.com/list-of-addresses'.#recipient.address)"
Of course, the new risk is that I might accidentally send that dummy message, with its (currently) hundred-and-thirty-odd recipient addresses all visible.

If you added the message to a dummy IMAP account with no SMTP settings then you should be quite safe. An empty subject and body would also trigger warnings.