On 2017-10-14 01:26:55 (+0200), Jonas Kemper wrote:
I'm trying to wrap my head around how RSVPing to calendar invites works. I appreciate how easy this is for example in gmail/outlook.

Now, my situation might be a little bit specific. I have no offline calendar configured whatsoever. This means, that I don't care that the calendar event sent is important in a calendar. I just want to RSVP to the invite. As far as I have understood the standard at this point, this should basically just be another email reply with another .ics file attached. I might be wrong about this though.

Has anybody dealt with this before? My ideal scenario would be control elements to respond with "yes/no/maybe" in Mailmate whenever a meeting invite comes in.

Once upon a time, I had a Perl script I used as a Mutt hook that did exactly this (well - it always said "yes"). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it now. I'll look at old backups, but I've been using a calendar for a while now.

As far as I remember, it wasn't all that difficult: read in the original ics file and send it back with your name filled in, as Sam wrote. I seem to recall that Microsoft Exchange was quite picky about the MIME type of the attachment but other than that, it was straightforward.

I'll see if I can find my script somewhere. It should not be too difficult to turn it into a MailMate bundle. Might be quicker to just write a new script.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer