On 27 Mar 2019, at 0:37, Randall Gellens wrote:

I wonder if an alternative approach might be worth considering. For example, instead of nagging with an "Are you sure?" prompt, perhaps keep a list of "recent" mailbox renames, and make that a pane that can be viewed. That would allow users to undo or re-rename a mailbox.

If going that way, it would be easier to simply support regular undo for mailbox renaming.

(It would also help if MailMate was better at moving IMAP mailboxes efficiently which is currently not always the case.)

Do you use RENAME or do you create the new mailbox and then APPEND the messages?

RENAME is used for simple rename cases, but the fallback is create+append equivalent to moving between accounts. Improving this is not straightforward, but when/if I do I've noted to also add undo/redo.