On 1 Apr 2019, at 14:33, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

I could perhaps imagine an edit mode, but I don't think automatic deactivation would work well.

The more I think about it, I think a warning is the best way to go. It'll solve the problem of accidental moves and it'll give me an opportunity to warn about the consequences of moving mailboxes. I don't think most users realize how inefficiently this is handled when using multiple email clients configured with the same IMAP account (a recent [RFC](<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8474>) tries to solve this problem, but that'll only be a theoretical solution for the foreseeable future).

\--
Benny
<https://freron.com/become_a_mailmate_patron/>

Yeah, treating move similarly to delete keeps the usability more consistent.